05 February 2018

The Mairie - Residence Appointment

The Mairie - Residence Appointment

This was actually a little surprise addition to my path to long-term residence.

27 January: I received an appointment letter from my mayor's office. My appointment for my 10-year card is in a week; I have to bring (original and copy):
- the appointment letter
- my current residence card (that is my visa and vignette in my passport) and récépissé (receipt showing that I applied for a new one)
- livret de famille
- my last French tax statement (if I had one; I don't)
- passport

And just to be safe, all the documents from my visit to the préfecture, plus 2 years of USA taxes, and my entire file of anything that I had ever been asked for...

5 February: we (yep, made sure we were *both* there) got to the mairie waaaay early, and anticipated waiting a long time. But, they weren't too busy, and so they took us! I gave them the documents they asked for, we both had a little brain fart about the date (year!) that we got here - that worked out ok, and I volunteered my DELF attestation (language test certificate) when she mentioned French competency. She said the commissariat (police) would contact us for a visit, and that the préfecture would contact me about the card - probably late - and I should go for a new récépissé about a week before mine expires. This is important information, since it expires right before a planned trip, and the récépissé allows that :-\
It was extremely quick - we were walking out the door *well before* my appointment time!

No comments: