08 November 2017

DELF - The Results!

DELF - The Results! I PASSED!!!!

I passed, passed, passed! Breathing...

So, the DELF tests you on 4 elements: written comprehension, written production, oral comprehension, and oral production. Each is worth 25 points. You can't pass the test if you score less than 5 on any one of the four elements. Your total score has to be 50 or higher to pass. That sounds easy, right? But not so much once you know that French school children can and do come home with *negative* scores on their tests!

My scores? Totaled 74/100 - I'm very happy with them! My worst subject is oral comprehension, and I was essentially hoping to get at least 5 so it wouldn't automatically drop me to a fail - and one of the pieces was completely incomprehensible. The others are better than I'd expected - after all my rehashing, I counted quite a few minuses, and figured I hadn't caught them all...


~~~
You can read about my taking the DELF here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a feat! Congradulations!!!

Julie said...

Merci beaucoup !
My teacher tells me it's a très bonne note !